Atlantic Integrated Commercial Fisheries Initiative
The purpose of the Atlantic Integrated Commercial Fisheries Initiative (AICFI) is to assist in providing the 34 Mi'kmaq and Maliseet First Nations affected by the Marshall decision with the means to:
- develop commercial fisheries enterprise governance and business management skills;
- build capacity in commercial fisheries operations; and
- have a more effective voice in fisheries co-management.
- First Nations will better use their existing access and enhance economic returns for the benefit of their communities;
- First Nations will increase their knowledge and skills required to manage their fisheries enterprises;
- First Nations will have the training to fish safely and effectively operate their vessels; and
- First Nations will help build the capacity needed to meet their future commercial fisheries operations, co-management and training requirements independently.
Application Guide and Background Documents
Atlantic Integrated Commercial Fisheries Initiative (AICFI)
- Evaluation of the Atlantic Integrated Commercial Fisheries Initiative (AICFI)
- Commercial Fisheries Development Opportunity Source (CFDOS) - Pamphlet - Application Procedures
- Capacity Building in Fisheries - Atlantic Integrated Commercial Fisheries Initiative (AICFI): An Application Guide for Mi'kmaq & Maliseet First Nations
- A Reporting Procedures Handbook for Contribution Agreement Recipients
- Date modified: