Services and information
Centre of Expertise supports Canadian coral and sponge conservation efforts and raises awareness.
About Cladorhiza kenchingtonae, a new species of carnivorous sponge.
Ecological importance of corals and sponges of Atlantic Canada and related fisheries closures.
Maps and data on five conservation areas and one protected area in the waters of Atlantic Canada.
Timing and goals of coral and sponge surveys, ongoing research and advice for researchers.
Pacific fishing closures to protect nine glass sponge reefs in the Strait of Georgia and Howe Sound.
Pacific Cold-water Coral and Sponge Conservation Strategy, BC initiatives and related efforts.
Email and postal addresses for National Centre of Expertise – Cold-water Corals and Sponge Reefs.
What we are doing
- Coral & Sponge Conservation Strategy for Eastern Canada 2015
- Maritimes Region Coral Conservation Plan
- Corals of Nova Scotia
- Pacific Region Cold-Water Coral and Sponge Conservation Strategy 2010-2015 [PDF]
- Coral and Sponge Concentrations in the Scotian Shelf Region of Canada
- Coral and Sponge Concentrations in the Gulf Region of Canada
- Sponge Fields in the Newfoundland-Labrador Shelves (Campelen Trawl Sample)
- Sponge Fields in the Gulf (Campelen Trawl Sample)
- Date modified: