Services and information
Licencing, environmental performance, regulations, compliance and enforcement activities in BC.
Licences and permits related to aquaculture operations in provinces and territories, sites and maps.
Responsibility of federal, provincial, territorial governments and industry, national and international collaboration.
Management measures for protecting fish health and aquatic ecosystems, environmental reports.
Laws and policies governing aquaculture activities, compliance, and regulatory reform and research.
R&D, targeted and collaborative research, peer-reviewed processes, technologies, species research.
Statistics, facts and reports about farmed species, and the importance of the economic contribution.
What we are doing
- The Government of Canada is helping Quebec fisheries and aquaculture businesses improve environmental sustainability and business results
- Government of Canada announces enhancements to sea lice enforcement in British Columbia
- Government of Canada takes further action to enhance aquaculture sustainability in British Columbia
- Government of Canada moves to strengthen science on aquaculture ensuring protection of wild fish stocks
- Current valid British Columbia aquaculture licence holders
- DFO’s fish health monitoring activities at BC aquaculture sites
- Industry sea lice counts at BC marine finfish aquaculture sites
- Managing transfers and fish health at British Columbia salmon farms
- Regulating and Monitoring British Columbia’s Marine Finfish Aquaculture Facilities 2017
- Aquaculture Development Strategy 2016-2019 – Canadian Council of Fisheries and Aquaculture Ministers (CCFAM)
- Canadian Aquaculture R&D Review
- Aquaculture research: Alternative Control Methods for Managing Sea Lice
- Aquaculture research: Deep water mussel farming in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Aquaculture research: Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture (IMTA) - Deposit Feeders
- Aquaculture research: Tracking released farmed salmon
- Date modified: