Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Fisheries and Oceans Canada is the federal lead for safeguarding our waters and managing Canada's fisheries, oceans and freshwater resources. We support economic growth in the marine and fisheries sectors, and innovation in areas such as aquaculture and biotechnology. We help ensure healthy and sustainable aquatic ecosystems through habitat protection and sound science.
- Government of Canada and Prince Edward Island provide over $700 000 to shellfish farms under the Atlantic Fisheries Fund
2018-10-12 13:50 - News release
- Atlantic Fisheries Fund Announcement in P.E.I.
2018-10-11 14:42 - Media advisory
- Minister Wilkinson launches International Year of the Salmon with announcements to protect Pacific wild salmon
2018-10-11 14:30 - News release
Services and information
Marine conditions, navigation, small craft harbours and lighthouses.
Licences, permits and funding programs related to fishing, aquaculture and marine mammal harvest.
Ocean sciences and climate change adaptation, environmental science, research centres and shared data.
Report a problem or incident, protecting oceans, ecosystems research and projects near water.
Aquatic species in Canadian waters, including those at risk, invasive, fished or farmed.
Sustainable aquaculture, licences, regulations, statistics and reporting.
What we are doing
- National fishery monitoring policy
- Atlantic mackerel questionnaire
- Cultural significance and the emergency listing process for Thompson and Chilcotin steelhead
- Management Plan for the Rocky Mountain Sculpin, Westslope populations
- Recovery Strategy for the Northern and Southern Resident Killer Whales
- Current valid BC aquaculture licence holders
- New Salmon Escapement Database System (NuSEDS)
- Critical Habitat of Species at Risk
- BC Lightstation Sea-Surface Temperature and Salinity Data
- A Canadian Action Plan to Address the Threat of Aquatic Invasive Species
- Review of the Effectiveness of Recovery Measures for Southern Resident Killer Whales
- Southern Resident Killer Whale Symposium
- Engagement on the science-based whale review
- Date modified: