Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Fisheries and Oceans Canada is the federal lead for safeguarding our waters and managing Canada's fisheries, oceans and freshwater resources. We support economic growth in the marine and fisheries sectors, and innovation in areas such as aquaculture and biotechnology. We help ensure healthy and sustainable aquatic ecosystems through habitat protection and sound science.
- Provincial, federal governments and First Nations work together to address Big Bar rockslide
2019-07-19 16:40 - News release
- Minister Wilkinson to make important announcements for coastal communities in New Brunswick
2019-07-19 15:40 - Media advisory
- The Canadian Coast Guard officially commissions the CCGS Baie de Plaisance in the Magdalen Islands
2019-07-19 10:00 - News release
Services and information
Lighthouses, navigation and marine conditions, search and rescue, and small craft harbours
Licences, permits and funding programs related to fishing, aquaculture and marine mammal harvest.
Ocean sciences and climate change adaptation, environmental science, research centres and shared data.
Research, ocean and aquatic climate change science, projects near water, and protecting marine resources.
Aquatic species in Canadian waters, including those at risk, invasive, fished or farmed.
Sustainable aquaculture, licences, regulations, statistics and reporting.
What we are doing
- Developing a new Vessel Monitoring System standard
- Consultation for engagement on a potential Aquaculture Act
- Engagement on Fisheries and Oceans Canada and the Canadian Coast Guard’s new Arctic Regions
- Current valid BC aquaculture licence holders
- New Salmon Escapement Database System (NuSEDS)
- Critical Habitat of Species at Risk
- BC Lightstation Sea-Surface Temperature and Salinity Data
- A Canadian Action Plan to Address the Threat of Aquatic Invasive Species
- Review of the Effectiveness of Recovery Measures for Southern Resident Killer Whales
- Southern Resident Killer Whale Symposium
- Engagement on the science-based whale review
- Date modified: